We were watching a game show tonight and one of the questions was “name a time when people cheat”.
Now that question can mean a lot of things to different people.
How would you have answered?
The person who was actually asked it answered “when dating”.
However, the answer that scored the greatest points was “exams”.
See what I mean by the question meaning different things to different people?
I can guarantee you the person who answered that question on the game show either had an unfaithful partner, knew someone who’d had an unfaithful partner, or had been unfaithful herself.
When I heard the question, I mentally answered “when a husband gets sick of his wife”.
I didn’t say anything though. We had a guest at the time.
But I did notice my husband go quiet. As did I. Wonder if our guest noticed anything.
Hmm, so I thought more about “name a time when people cheat” and came up with the following:
- when a husband becomes a completely delusional dick
- when a husband thinks he can get away with it
- when a husband is going through a mid-life crisis
- when a husband feels he isn’t getting enough attention at home
- when a husband thinks he’s entitled to it
- when one person/neither person gives a shit about their current relationship
Needless to say, I’m sure you have your own answers. Let’s hear them!